Simply having fire safety products and systems installed isn’t enough to keep you safe. These products and emergency measures need to be inspected, tested and evaluated to make sure they can be deployed successfully if a situation arises.
From signage, lighting and alarm testing, to fire extinguisher inspections in Joliet, IL, The Fire Guy Inc. will deliver complete fire safety systems services to you. Count on us to keep you compliant and deliver peace of mind that your safety measures will work correctly if triggered by fire.
Fire Extinguisher Inspections and Maintenance
Whether we provide your extinguisher or not, call on our team for fire extinguisher maintenance in Joliet, IL. We offer monthly and annual inspections and testing for extinguishers, providing a complete scope of services designed to keep them charged, working and reliable. Our comprehensive inspection and maintenance approach includes:
- Check that the extinguisher is visible, unobstructed and has proper signage.
- Check that the extinguisher is at the proper mounting height.
- Remove the extinguisher from the hanger, bracket and or cabinet.
- Ensure that the mounting bracket and or cabinet is secure and properly mounted.
- Check the gauge for proper pressure, condition and compatibility with extinguisher.
- Examine the cylinder for dents, broken handles, levers and corrosion.
- Ensure the operating instructions are legible and facing forward.
- Check the last internal examination and hydrostatic test dates.
- Check condition of discharge horn and check for blockage. (creepy crawly nests)
- Examine valve opening for any sign of leakage, powder or foreign material.
- Break the tamper seal and remove the pull pin to ensure that it functions properly.
- Re-install the pull pin and replace with proper color-coded tamper seal.
- Clean all exposed surfaces of the extinguisher and re-install unit in its proper place
Exit Sign and Alarm Inspections
Alarms and signage need to be stress tested to make sure they’re a reliable early-warning solution to fire protection. Count on us for thorough testing.
Our approach includes testing all connected devices, the fire alarm control panel, city tie connection, battery analysis, auxiliary functions and many more features of your fire alarm system. We are able to test all types of systems, regardless of the manufacturer. Inspection reports can be submitted to your local Fire Department and/or insurance company, depending on the requirements of your local municipality.
*Smoke detector sensitivity reports are also available upon customer request.
Sprinkler Inspections and Backflow Testing
Sprinkler systems are a crucial part of your facilities’ fire prevention capabilities. Not only will we make sure the system is in working, reliable condition, we’ll also check for things like backflow to ensure the long-term function of your installation. Our thorough system inspection includes:
- Antifreeze systems
- Dry pipe fire sprinkler systems
- Fire pumps
- Jockey pumps
- Pre-action / special hazard systems
- Standpipe systems
- Wet fire sprinkler systems
Get in Touch
Make sure your vital fire protection systems are tested working and properly maintained at all times. The Fire Guy Inc. is your all-in-one resource for fire safety systems services, with oversight for your extinguisher units, signage, alarms and sprinklers. Reach us today to schedule service at 815-320-3277.